1. The upgraded Orangajuli tea factory in Assam was formally inaugurated on 20th April 2012 by Mr. P. J. Field, Chairman and Mr. A.N. Singh, Managing Director of the Company. The upgradation will ensure faster throughput, optimize energy cost and improve quality.
2. The Board of Directors at its meeting held on 14th May 2012 had approved the Financial results for the first quarter ended 31st March 2012. The format of the financials are available on the website.
3. The Packet Tea Department has recently taken some new initiatives:-
- A retail outlet has been opened at DB Mall at Bhopal named “Goodricke Teapot” which serves Darjeeling and high end CTC teas and iced green teas.
- A tea kiosk has been made functional at Fortis Hospital at Noida. At Jaipur a retail outlet is operated by TAPRI franchisee.
4. The Company has commenced commercial operation of Pre-mix teas of several flavours like lemon, peach & orange for cold serving. Ginger flavor in hot serving will commence shortly. Retail sachets of 25g packs of the above are being marketed through an established retail chain. Bulk quantities of pre-mix are marketed directly by the Company.
5. The Packet tea department of Goodricke Group Ltd. bagged the prestigious order to supply packaged teas to the Rajasthan State food and civil supplies corporation for the three districts of Ajmer, Bhilwara and Nagore. The name of the packet to be supplied has been aptly named as Raj and the company expects to supply around 1 million kgs under this project commencing September 2011.
6. The Packet tea department bagged the coveted order to supply its Goodricke Premium brand of CTC tea bags to the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) which is the body that governs the Tirumala Venkateshwara Temple. Expected supply 4 million tea bags.
7. Tea growing areas are suffering from severe drought until end May 2012 which has created shortfall of around 12% of output. As such the tea prices continue to show upward trend.